Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's a...

Girl!
We are absolutely thrilled!

I'll start at the beginning. This morning I had a dream. In my dream, the ultrasound tech told us that the baby is a girl. Then she moved the little wand around again and said it's a little boy--the image on the screen was a cat, and somehow I knew it was Strut. Then she moved it again and showed us another cat, this time exclaiming that it was a girl (Ally). This doesn't make any sense, but that's my dreams for you.

When my alarm went off, I got up and dressed and Corey and I left the house a minute before we had said we would (which is a feat for us, since I'm constantly running late). We got to the Doctor's office, and when I signed in the lady at the front desk told us that my sister was already in the waiting room. My mom arrived shortly after. I feel so lucky that all of them were there for the experience.

The ultrasound tech came out to get us and bring us back, and it was my favorite tech - the one we had for our first scan at 10 weeks. I took that to be a good omen. She is great because she talks about everything she is seeing. She also gave us lots of pictures and a DVD.

This time, she did the same thing - except it felt like there was so much more to see!The tech rolled over the baby's "goods" initially and said "The legs are crossed, so we will go back for that." I thought that would bother me, but it didn't. I was amazed by everything I saw. She is beautiful and healthy. We saw her 10 fingers and we saw her 10 toes. She has two kidneys and a four-chambered heart. They ruled out spina bifida and cleft palate. She also said that baby's brain looked great and she looked very smart.

I think my heart grew to about 4 times it's previous size when we saw her and found out that she is indeed a she! We were commenting about something to do with the baby - I think how much it was moving - and the tech said, yes it is....yes, she is. I was shocked and amazed. Somehow, once I found out she was a girl, I thought "of course she is."

the "money shot"

My mom has always said that would be the case and she was right. We have a perfect adorable baby girl.
And I can't wait to meet her!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me and Mere be a part of the gender reveal! I keep having such sweet thoughts about little Gracie and can't wait to hold her - love her so much already!!! We are a bunch of lucky ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mama! We are very lucky indeed! We are so happy that you and Mere were there!

    ReplyDelete