Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

At long last...funnel cake!

If you have been reading this blog for a while, you might have noticed that I've been craving funnel cake for months now. I talk about it in almost every post. And for that I apologize.

But I needed funnel cake bad. It was getting so intense this weekend that I woke up at 8 AM on Saturday morning with funnel cake on my mind. So after Corey left for work, I called my mom up and she was kind enough to head out to the Austin Flea Market with me, all for the love of funnel cake. I have a good Mama.

After getting a little bit lost in East Austin, we finally arrived at our destination. I spotted the funnel cake trailer right away. They had other yummy treats that they were selling, like fried oreos and fried twinkies, but my heart (and my stomach) belongs to funnel cake.

We felt like since we were out there, we might as well take a look at the flea market. Probably not the best idea. It was depressing -- all of the items on sale in that place looked like they had been used to smuggle drugs into the country. Luckily we realized quickly that this was not for us. We turned around and made a beeline to the funnel cake trailer. 5 minutes later, I was a happy pregnant lady enjoying fried powdered sugar-topped goodness. Finally my craving was met! It was totally worth the trip out to the flea market!

No comments:

Post a Comment