Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

18 weeks

Total Weight Loss/Gain: +3 pounds (this number might be a little off as my scale doesn't usually match up with the doctor's scale and I've eaten a fair amount of food in the last couple of weeks).
Size of Baby: Baby is the size of a sweet potato. I love sweet potatoes! I will have to eat some in baby's honor this week. As you can see using the lovely visual above, that means the average baby is 5.6 inches and weighs 6.7 ounces at this point. That is SO crazy! It's a long way from a poppyseed to a sweet potato and I feel like it's going so fast!
Maternity Clothes: Are very comfy. Not necessary at this point, but I prefer to wear the ones I have - such cute stuff!
Sleep: Is pretty good. I have been waking up quite a bit during the night.

Movement: Baby is moving and I can feel it! It's not consistent yet (baby is too small for that) but it's a pretty amazing feeling. I drank orange juice the other morning and it felt like s/he was doing flips in there. So great!
Cravings/Aversions: Cravings: Salad. And the elusive funnel cake.

Aversions: Bacon.
Symptoms: Heartburn and dehyrdration. I'm drinking a lot of water at this point (was at 80 ounces, now I'm upping it to 100 ounces) but it doesn't seem to be enough for me and Baby G. I spend a lot of my time running to the bathroom.

My nesting instinct has definitely set in. I'm finding it very useful!
What I miss: Nothing! I'm in excited mode, so I'm trying to focus on all the things I have going on and less on what I can't do.
What I look forward to: Our ultrasound on 10/26. It's getting so close! I'm getting less crazy about it. I've been listening to baby with the doppler and feeling the baby move definitely helps. I'm trying not to worry myself so much, because based on all the information we have so far, baby seems very healthy.
Moods: Much better this week! Getting my mind off things with projects and fun stuff to do has helped.
Milestones: Feeling the baby move is a pretty big one! I'm enjoying that and looking forward to feeling the movement more and more!

Medical concerns: I'm a little concerned about the dehrydration, but I think the water seems to be doing the trick!
Anything else you'd like to share or vent about? Corey and I made a LOT of progress on cleaning out the closets. Our plan is to change our current guestroom into the baby's nursery, and the current man room into the guestroom (I promise Corey is 100% in favor of this, otherwise it wouldn't be happening!). So one of our goals is to consolidate our stuff in both closets to one half of the future guestroom closet (with some things stored in the garage). I also had to go through our entertainment center in the future nursery, which has a cabinet on the bottom that has stored my craft supplies since high school and my desk that we are moving into our master bedroom. We are getting rid of a ton of the crap that we've had for quite some time--some of it just got thrown away (old papers and powerpoints printed out from college that I don't care to keep, some old homecoming mum supplies that have turned brown, etc). Some of the stuff will be going to Goodwill. We have a lot of old magazines and books (mostly mine) that will be donated, probably to Half Price.
It feels so good to eliminate all of this stuff for such a great reason! I feel really great about all of the space that we are going to have and I've said several times to Corey how much fun this all is, which is very unlike me. My nesting instinct is kicking in! If cleaning out closets seems fun, then I can't wait to start decorating the baby's room! Have a great week!
Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. Great update! I am so excited about next Wednesday, so I can only imagine how you are feeling!! BTW, what on earth is that picture? It looks like a chicken breast got stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, it's a sweet potato, which is the size of the baby. I can't wait until Wednesday, it's getting super close! I'm so excited you will be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your updates Lizzie. They always make me smile. This will be one lucky little baby....you and Corey are going to be the most awesome, fun parents ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jennifer! We are so excited and can't wait for baby to get here!

    ReplyDelete