Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

12 weeks!

Total Weight Loss/Gain: Back down to 2 pounds lost. But I'm eating like a horse and I feel fatter. And I saw a picture taken of me from the side at a birthday party for my friend's daughter and I think I look 5 months pregnant, but that probably would have been the case before I was pregnant, too. Gotta love the camera!
Maternity Clothes: Not yet. I do feel like I need to be wearing maternity pants by the end of the day, but I think that is mostly related to feeling bloated.
Stretch marks: Not yet.
Sleep: Is still filled with weird dreams, but I love it. Dr. O said it would be fine for me to take Benadryl, but I'm trying not to take it unless I'm really feeling stuffy. I've taken it twice in the last week and it seems like it quiets the dreams. Some of the dreams I've had lately: Corey went to prison and I had to go through all of pregnancy alone. I don't remember what he went to prison for, but I think it's probably related to us watching Sons of Anarchy. Also, I dreamed that I got into a big fight with one of my close friends who also happens to be my boss and she fired me on the spot. These dreams are not fun.
Movement: Not yet.
Cravings/Aversions: Cravings- Chips and Salsa. Unfortunately I'm also craving a sandwich with lunch meat which is off limits.
Aversions- Sausage. Gross.
Gender: Don't know yet, too early. I think it's a boy, Corey thinks it's a girl. I keep having dreams that the baby is a girl, though.
Symptoms: I am obsessed with feeling my stomach all the time because each day I can feel my uterus moving further up because it's running out of room in my pelvis. This is exciting, because I'm looking forward to looking pregnant and not just pleasantly plump.
What I miss: Lunch meat. And not worrying about having a coke.
What I look forward to: NT scan tomorrow! And reaching the second trimester! According to Dr. O, I've reached the Second Trimester today. According to the girls on the Bump, I won't reach the 2nd Trimester until 13 weeks, 3 days or 14 weeks. Every book I have has a different answer for when the 1st Tri ends. This is awfully confusing for a girl who cannot remember how old she is most days. So, although What to Expect tells me otherwise, I'm going with Dr. O. Because I would like to consider myself done with the 1st Tri!!
Moods: Very emotional.
Milestones: Baby is the size of a plum! And the whole 12 weeks thing is a pretty big deal. Medical concerns: None to speak of. Feeling pretty good.
Anything else you'd like to share or vent about? I don't know if the whole nesting thing goes in phases, but this week I didn't really feel like getting out much. I spent a lot of time at home and made a "nest" out of my bed over a couple of days for the three day weekend. It was awesome. I'm not feeling the complusive need to clean yet, though. I keep waiting on that to kick in.
Also, I made my mother-in-law a visor with her Grandma name (Gamma). She is a big fan of visors and I thought it would be nice for her to have it. It looks a little bit homemade (the stupid letters would not stick!) But I think she will like it.
I'm hoping I will be able to do more blogging this week, last week was super busy. Here's my picture taken at 12 weeks!
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment