Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

13 Weeks!

 So exciting!
Total Weight Loss/Gain: Still down 2 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: I don't really need them yet, but as you can see in my last post, I went ahead and bought some. And I have to admit, I've worn the jeans quite a bit, because they are so darn comfortable.
Sleep: Ugh, I'm still having the most ridiculous, horrible dreams. A couple of nights ago I had a dream that involved characters from Mad Men and Wrestlers from my youth (the 80s) battling to the death. It all took place in a movie theatre. I don't know how my brain puts these things together, but it's weird.

Also, a lot of times I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. That is hard on me and Corey.
Movement: None yet.
Cravings/Aversions: Cravings- Grapes, Biscuits, Tilapia, Corn.
Aversions- Syrup. Gross.

Symptoms: I'm feeling pretty good these days, the problems with sleep are the main issues I'm dealing with.
What I miss: Lunch Meat.
What I look forward to: Everything! Anatomy scan, which is supposed to be 7 weeks from now, but I'm hoping we will get a sneak peek. But really, I'm just so excited about being in the 2nd Trimester and having so much fun stuff ahead!
Moods: Pretty good! I'm feeling much more in control of my emotions!
Milestones: Baby is a peach! And is developing vocal chords! Also, a lot of people consider this to be the first week of the 2nd Trimester, so that's kind of awesome!

Medical concerns: None! I'm feeling great, and we got the blood results back from the first screen that they do with the NT scan, and everything looked good. We are feeling so lucky. For someone who has dealt with so many health issues throughout my life, I'm pinching myself that everything has been going so well.
Anything else you'd like to share or vent about? We have been doing a lot of research on baby paraphernalia. First of all, holy crap, everything is expensive! Second of all, there are so many options! The most exciting thing? We have found a stroller that Corey and I agree on and love! It's the City Mini by Baby Jogger. We are in love with it and I can't wait to be scooting around with Baby G in it!
Also, this week I'm letting my workplace know and we are making it really official by announcing it on Facebook. Pretty scary, but I'm looking forward to having it out there and being able to talk about it. I've already told my bosses and my closest friends at work and they were all very sweet and excited!
Also, I want to share this picture of me with my crazy cat Ally. She and Strut always like to be a part of the photo shoots!
Bye!
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment