Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

14 Weeks!

 (Picture of me cupping my food baby above)
Total Weight Loss/Gain: Still down 2 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: I still don't really need them yet, but I have noticed that my stomach is growing. It definitely has something to do with the baby, and a lot to do with the amount I've been eating lately. I'm not sure if it's apparent yet to the outside world-it probably just looks like I've eaten a whole pizza by myself (which I've totally done).
Sleep: It's not great. But my snoogle helps :)Movement: None yet.
Cravings/Aversions: Cravings: Fried Chicken. Icees. Bananas. Pickles. Everything!
Aversions: I'm not really into peanut butter right now. I think I've eaten too much of it.
Symptoms: I've been feeling like I have a lot more energy, but lately I've had a lot of late nights/long days. I will think I'm doing fine and suddenly, boom, I'm just done for. Completely pooped. It hits me much more suddenly.
What I miss: Having lots of energy!
What I look forward to: We have an appointment with Dr. O tomorrow! I'm looking forward to that.
Moods: I've discovered that sometimes, I'm completely unreasonable. I don't know if I can blame all of this on the hormones associated with pregnancy, but I honestly feel like I can't control it. There are times when I just need to suck it up and do something, but I just can't find the energy or the patience to do it. This does not bode well for my future. And I feel bad for my loved ones and/or the people I talk to at work. Sorry, everyone!
Milestones: Baby is now a lemon. Let's make lemonade! Also, baby can now wiggle their toes, which is a very important skill in my eyes. Whenever I get excited about anything, I wiggle my toes. Also, my baby can now pee and might be peeing right now inside my uterus. That's really gross.
Medical concerns: Nothing really! Feeling pretty good. I have some pain in my tailbone, I'm not sure what that's about, but I'm planning to ask the doctor about it tomorrow. Anything else you'd like to share or vent about? Baby went to his/her first concert this weekend. We went to the Austin City Limits Music Festival on Sunday, and we saw an assortment of artists. Baby G's favorite (and mine) was Fleet Foxes. They played all of my favorite songs and it was just beautiful! Also, Arcade Fire was Sooo good! Lots of fun!
Since last week, when we told the world I'm pregnant, I've noticed that people ask some weird questions. My favorite---was this planned? Um, I'm not exactly a teen mom. Corey and I have been married for over 4 years. What do you think? And even if it was an accident, how is that any of your business?
But, now that we've told everyone, we have gotten some really sweet, very kind comments from people who are really excited for us. We feel very lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives!
Finally, we got a home doppler last week and we are so happy we got it! It is so reassuring to hear baby's heartbeat whenever we want. If you are a worrier like me and become pregnant, I highly recommend investing in one- they are fairly inexpensive for how comforting they are.
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment