Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, August 22, 2011

We're having a baby!

I've been pinching myself for weeks. Ever since I was a little girl playing with my baby dolls, all that ever really mattered to me was falling in love, getting married, and having babies.
The falling in love part seemed to take forever, in the way that things do when you are a teenager. When I was in high school I constantly whined about not being able to find a suitable boy (which might have been the reason no suitable boys were interested). I felt like everyone else had perfect relationships and I was going to be an old cat lady. In reality, I was very lucky in that I met my Prince Charming very early in life. I was 19, and he was 24.

All of a sudden, just like that, the clouds parted and there was my husband. I knew within a week of meeting Corey, my husband of 4 years, that he was the one. I know that sounds corny, but it's true. I think he is adorable and funny and kind, but most importantly I love to talk to him. We have the best conversations. The first night we met we stayed up talking until 4:30 in the morning. Then he was supposed to get on a plane and go back to his home state of Washington, but on his way to the airport, he decided to stay. It was all very romantic and dramatic.
Three and a half years later, we got married on a rainy Memorial Day weekend. We planned our wedding for 18 months. I do not understand how people plan weddings with less time than that, but then, I was getting my bachelor's degree and working the majority of the time. But seriously, people got engaged, married and divorced in the time-span of us planning our wedding. Granted, they were mostly celebrities, but still. Our wedding was to be a beautiful outdoor affair. We had been concerned about rain, but I thought, what are the chances we would pick a rainy day? We live in an area where if doesn't rain a lot. Well, it rained all summer the year we got married. On the morning of the wedding, once I committed to having the ceremony outside, there was a torrential downpour. I couldn't believe it.
Then suddenly, the rain stopped, the clouds parted and it was gorgeous outside for the rest of the wedding. I loved our wedding. I don't have one bad memory associated with it. It was a perfect day.
Over the next four years we bought a home we love, we went through job changes, we adopted cats. We really wanted to have a baby. Sometimes, it seemed like everyone around us was having babies and we were the only ones who weren't. Then finally, the clouds parted, and we found out we had a little bambino on the way. I still cannot believe it. I took 7 pregnancy tests, because I couldn't believe it was positive!
We feel so incredibly blessed and we cannot wait to be parents. Tomorrow, I will be 10 weeks along. 1/4 of the way through this journey.
This blog is to document and celebrate all that is grand about life for our growing Granstrand clan.
Thank you for reading!
Elizabeth Granstrand
Wife to Corey, Pet Mama to Strut and Ally, and Mama to Lil Buns!

2 comments:

  1. Love this, love you, and love the little buns! Can't believe he/she will be here so soon!

    ReplyDelete