Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, January 27, 2012

Short Update on Amniotic Fluid Levels, etc.

On Wednesday, Corey and I went to our appointment with Dr. O. First we had an ultrasound--it's with the same lady who has done the ultrasounds the last two times at their office, and got the levels around 7 cm both times (before we went to the perinatologist). She measured and got 8 this time. So I guess the conclusion I draw as far as the reason in the difference in measurement is that it is either because they have better equipment at the perinatologist's office or it is related to human error/the fact that it isn't an exact science. My doctor wants me to continue to come in once a week for ultrasounds and visits with her, but said that as long as the number doesn't drop, things should be fine.
From what I've read, it's pretty normal for the amount of amniotic fluid to get lower the further along you get in pregnancy, so I think it is good that my doctor wants to keep a close eye on it. I'm trying to be diligent about drinking lots of water, getting enough rest and paying attention to movement. Luckily, Gracie has been moving around a LOT over the past week, so I'm not having to worry too much.
Our main goal is to get to 36 weeks-they say that is when most babies have lungs that are developed enough to go home at the same time as Mom. That is only 25 days away, which is a little scary, but at the same time, very reassuring.
Corey has 4 interviews in the next week for jobs that he is really interested in, all of which I think would be great opportunities for him. Please pray that the right job comes along for him! I'm so proud of him and I know he will be an awesome addition to whatever company he goes to work for.
I'm looking forward to my shower tomorrow!
Have a good weekend!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment