Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Two posts in one week!

As Mickey would say, "Hot Dog!"
We are in the process of planning Grace's birthday party. I have visions of a perfect day, our house clean as a whistle, everyone getting along, eating and enjoying. The kids are getting along well and playing, and Grace is having the time of her life.
I have plans to make heart decorations using scrapbook paper and brads and string to hang them from the ceiling.
I also plan to make cookies, cupcakes, and a smash cake for Grace, all incorporating our heart theme (since her birthday is the day after Valentine's Day). I've also been hoping that I could get fingerpaint and make Valentines for Corey and the Grandparents using Gracie's thumbprints, and also making Valentines that way for all of our guests.
The reality? I already know this is not going to go quite as smoothly. There is no way my house is going to appear clean and pristine. We had thought about hiring a maid to come clean beforehand, but I haven't gotten around to calling her, and now I'm feeling like I'd almost rather us spend time on a day off trying to clean it ourselves. I'm honestly kind of embarrassed to have someone clean our house--I always feel like they are going to find cat hair or a cheerio in some obvious place I've overlooked and judge me. We have a crawling baby who throws everything around within less than one minute of being in the house. Our cats have destroyed our couches, which now have clawmarks all over them, and we can't quite afford new ones yet (I'm also not sure how I will keep them from clawing new couches).
Our house is somewhat small, so I'm not sure how exactly everyone is going to fit inside, and I'm praying that it will be amazing weather in mid-February, when in all-actuality, mid-February is pretty much the only time in Central Texas when I can remember getting snow.
I know I probably won't have the time or energy to make my scrapbook paper hearts, and if I do, they will probably look like crap. I may get around to making cookies or cupcakes and a smash cake, but probably not both and all of the other things I'm planning on baking/making.
It's quite likely that I'm going to buy the fingerpaints at the store and never get around to making Valentines or attempt it and give up because Grace is a baby and probably not the best at fingerpainting. She is good at putting her fingers in her mouth, though.
I will probably at some point in the hours leading up to the party break down in tears because I'll be overwhelmed by all I have left to do. And also, because I will be realizing that we are throwing a birthday party for our daughter who is ONE YEAR OLD. Holy moly.
 What can I say? My heart is in the right place. I hope our friends and family won't judge us for our crappy couches or the cheerios that will most likely be on the floor. And if the decorations are all store bought and the cookies don't taste quite done, I hope they won't think we are the worst hosts ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment